Technical Director of Continuous Deployment of Capability group, SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
Hasan Yasar is the Technical Director of Continuous Deployment of Capability group in the SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, CMU. Hasan leads an engineering group to enable, accelerate and assure Transformation at the speed of relevance by leveraging, DevSecOps, Agile, Lean AI/ML and other emerging technologies to create a Smart Software Platform/Pipeline. Hasan has more than 25 years’ experience as senior security engineer, software engineer, software architect and manager in all phases of secure software development and information modeling processes. He is specialized on secure software solutions design and development experience in the cybersecurity domain including data-driven investigation and collaborative incident management, network security assessment, automated, large-scale malware triage/analysis, medical records management, accounting, simulation systems and document management. He is also Adjunct Faculty member in CMU Heinz Collage and Institute of Software Research where he currently teaches “Software and Security” and “DevOps: Engineering for Deployment and Operations”.
His current areas of research and professional interests focus on:
- Secure Software Development including threat modeling, risk management framework and software assurance model
- Secure DevOps process, methodologies and implementation
- Software Development Methodologies (Agile, SAFe, DevOps)
- Cloud based application development, AI system development deployment and operations
- Software Architecture, Design, Develop and Management of large-scale enterprise systems