MITRE/ATARC Big Data White PaperMITRE-ATARC Big Data Collaboration Symposium, June 18, 2015
Big Data Challenge Areas
- Big Data and Analytics to Enhance Mission Capabilities
- Predictive Analysis
- The Future of Big Data and the Internet of Things
- The Roadmap to Big Data
- Big Data for Cyber Defense
Recommendations to Government
- The government needs to establish a strong, supportive foundation for big data, which means informing senior leadership of the technical needs and opportunities that come with big data.
- Federal agencies need to implement formal standards for governance, provenance, and security. Standards are necessary to ensure data is traceable and clearly defined
- Communication and collaboration are essential to share best practices within and beyond the government. Agencies that have experienced success need to share this knowledge.
- Academia needs to develop programs and supplemental curricula to produce big data talent with skills in analysis, data mining, database management, and related skills.
- Both academia and government organizations need to work to develop tools that can capture, store, and analyze big data.