MITRE/ATARC Big Data White PaperMITRE-ATARC Big Data Collaboration Symposium, June 30, 2016
Big Data Challenge Areas
- Intersection of Big Data and IoT
- Driving Innovation with Big Data
- Progress toward Prescriptive Analytics
- Data Privacy: Challenges and Solutions
- Using Big Data and Analytics in Healthcare
Key Recommendations to Government
- Agencies need to have big data architectures, development sandboxes, and storage strategies in place.
- Big Data standards are necessary for inter-agency communication and to establish trust and confidence in data science.
- Federal agencies are trusted with sensitive data, including health data, and individual identities need to be protected and information should be securely encrypted.