MITRE-ATARC Emerging Technology White PaperApril 17, 2018
Congressman Rohit Khanna (above) gave the opening keynote at the ATARC Federal Emerging Technology Summit on April 17, 2018 in Washington, D.C. The MITRE-ATARC Emerging Technology Collaboration Symposium was held in conjunction with the event and a White Paper was published summarizing the outcomes of these sessions with recommendations to government.
Emerging Technology topic areas:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Blockchain and Other Emerging Technologies
- Internet of Things
- Using Digital Technology to Enhance Citizen Experience
- Content Management in a Digital Government Environment
Key recommendations to Government:
- The government needs to develop a more general way to describe maturity levels for AI similar to the levels of autonomy for autonomous vehicles;
- It may be premature to immediately work to build an enterprise level blockchain capability;
- There is a gap in the enumeration of the fundamental building blocks common to all IoT that standards should fill;
- Do not simply re-skin: The government needs to think beyond websites. Instead of just updating the “look and feel” of the site, make sure to think about the process and the citizen experience when going through that process; and
- Foster a culture that embraces change and tool sets for increased efficiencies.