ATARC Digital Mobile Credentials (DMC) Lab
ATARC is a non-profit organization that provides a collaborative forum for Federal government, academia and industry to identify, discuss, and resolve emerging technology challenges. ATARC has hereby stood up a test lab environment for Federal Government IT infrastructure, application hosting, and procurement professionals while evaluating emerging technologies, receiving demos and first-hand information from Agency Industry partners.
The primary objective of this environment is to quicken the adoption of emerging technologies such as digital mobile credential solutions across the Federal Government.
Interested Lab Partners have the ability to choose from six (6) use cases and present demos in ATARC’s virtual AWS-provided lab environment and/or at GSA’s Physical Access Control Systems (PACS) lab. The PACS lab itself was developed to help industry understand the needs of the federal government and help agencies find solutions to those needs that are compliant with systems they can operate on.
The Lab Leadership Team includes:
Darlene Gore, Director, Identity Management Solution Division, GSA
Shermaine Nedd, Portfolio Manager | Identity Credential and Access Management, ITC / FAS / GSA
ATARC Lab Objective
Through a unique collaboration between government and industry, the ATARC Digital Mobile Credentials Lab will showcase technical architectures and software solutions for digital mobile credentials (PKI, FIDO2), PACS/LACS, ICAM in general in the Federal space. Areas of primary focus will be:
– As much as possible, leverage standards-based credentials and reader hardware that will work with agencies’ existing infrastructure, and other areas as they emerge
– To use mobile credentials for door access; hold mobile phone up to a reader similar to a card or trigger, with an alternative option in application. Access would be granted based on proper user verification and device binding
– To use mobile credentials for workstation access or federated single sign-on (SSO) for web applications, and other areas as they emerge
ATARC Digital Mobile Credential Lab Use Cases
Click for detailed Use Case descriptions. Click to view the vendor presentation outline.
- 002-A-APP&SYS: Mobile phone authentication to workstation or web applications using x509 authentication certificate
- 002-B-APP&SYS: Mobile phone authentication to workstation or web applications using FIDO2 credentials
- 003-A-TEMP (PIV-I): Mobile phone/tablet authentication for temporary personnel using x509 authentication certificate (PIV-I)
- 004-A-PACSTEMP (PIV-I):
- 005-A-PROV: Credentials provisioned to wallet/container on the mobile phone/tablet
ATARC Virtual and Physical Lab Environments
ATARC Digital Mobile Credentials Virtual Lab Environment Sponsor
Amazon Web Services is ATARC’s strategic partner, enabling a secure virtual technology demonstration and testing environment to help accelerate the delivery of cloud solutions. US GovCloud gives government customers and their partners the flexibility to architect secure cloud solutions that comply with the FedRAMP High baseline and other compliance regimes.